Hops & Barley Homebrew Newsletter – October 2017
- National Learn to Homebrew Weekend – Homebrew Demo – Saturday, November 4th 1 pm. Learn how to brew all-grain beer! This is a great demo if you are looking to take the leap from extract to all-grain. Sign up in store. There are just a few more spaces available. Discounted Purchases – Homebrew purchases on November 3rd, 4th, and 5th are 10% off. Excludes 55lb bags of grain.
- Sunday Grain Day! – In celebration of football season, every Sunday is Grain Day! Get 10% off grain purchases every Sunday, all season long!
- October Homebrewer’s Meetup – Sunday, October 29th at 2 pm – October’s topic – HOPS!! – We will be discussing hop properties, varieties, and usage. Attendees get %10 off their homebrew purchase during the event. These events are a great way to meet other homebrewers, exchange homebrew, partake in good discussion, and get pesky problems resolved. Remember this is a recurring event, always on the last Sunday of the month at 2 pm.
New Products including:
- 8 Gallon Stainless Steel pot with weldless therm and ball valve (don’t forget we can order larger pots as well!)
- Idaho 7, Vic Secret hop pellets
- Hop Hash (due to high demand, this is made from various available hops)
- Stainless steel immersion wort chiller
- Sparkling wine kit (good to make now for New Years!)
- Fruit Wine Bases (peach, plum, strawberry, and cherry) (other flavors available for order!)
- Kegs and kegging supplies
- Belgian bottles, corks, and cages
- Additives – cacao, bitter and sweet orange peel, coriander, and more
- More products coming next week as well!
- 55lb bags of Grain – Come in to see our pricing on 55lb bags of grain. We keep a few in-stock but can order from a huge variety!
- Consignment Sales – Have old brewing equipment you no longer need? We can help you sell it on consignment through the store. Email email@example.com with the details of what you would like to sell or stop into the store and we’ll take your info.
- AHA Brewers Discount – all American Homebrewer’s association cardholders get 10% off their homebrew purchases! Just show us your card at checkout.
- Brooklyn Brew Shop – Kits are restocked. We have pretzel making, cheese making and bagel making kits! 1 gallon all-grain kits. These make great holiday gifts. Brand new – Gose Gone Wild kit, learn how to make a kettle-soured beer!
Recipe of the Month
Winter Wheat Dunkelweizen – This dark tasty wheat beer is perfect to prepare in November and drink in the cold months ahead. For extract brewers replace the first 3 ingredients with 1 3.3lb canister of Golden LME and 1 3.3lb canister of Wheat LME, as well as 1lb Gold DME and 1lb Wheat LME.
Did You Know?
We have over 40 types of grains – base grains, caramel/crystal, specialty – We have what you need to go from grain to glass! We can mill the grain on-site, and please, if there is any type of grain that you love to brew with and we don’t have it, let us know!
We have hops for the discerning hop-head, from US classics like the 3 C’s, El Dorado, and Mosaic, to UK hops like Fuggles, EKG, and Tettnang, to the fruity hops of NZ and AU like Green Bullet, Pacific Jade, Kohatu, and Galaxy and many more.
We Can Take Orders!
Our distributors carry many more wine making kits, as well as kegging supplies, bigger pots and kettles, burners, chillers, etc. than what we have in-store. Let us know what your looking for and we can order it for you.
Categorised in: Newsletter
This post was written by Zach Savastano