Hops & Barley Homebrew Newsletter – August 2017
- Homebrew Demo – Saturday, August 26th 1 pm – Learn how to brew all-grain beer! This is a great demo if you are looking to take the leap from extract to all-grain. Sign up in store. There are still a few spaces available for this demo. A coupon for your next homebrew purchase will be handed out as well.
- Home-brewer’s Meetup – Sunday, August 27th 2 pm – And the last Sunday of every month at the same time. This is a great opportunity to meet other home-brewers in the area, have like-minded discussion and exchange homebrew.
Lots of new homebrew supplies are in stock and everything that was out is restocked. Here is some of what is new:
- Kegging supplies – ball lock cornys, 5lb gas tank, QD’s for pin-lock and ball-lock, gas regulator
- Wyeast strains – 1028, 1056, 1318 (please let us know what strains you’d like to see!)
- Yeast starter kits
- Wort chillers
- Diffusion stones
- Spray bottles (great for sanitizer)
- Brew gloves
- Equinox and Simcoe hops
- A wide variety of brew books
- and more!!
- Consignment Sales – Have old brewing equipment you no longer need? We can help you sell it on consignment through the store. Email email@example.com with the details of what you would like to sell or stop into the store and we’ll take your info. Also, lots of used products are in the consignment section for you to buy!
- AHA Brewers Discount – all American Homebrewer’s association cardholders get 10% off their homebrew purchases! Just show us your card at checkout.
Recipe of the Month
This little recipe for a brown ale is straightforward and will be ready for fall enjoyment. Often when moving to all-grain we never look back, but this partial mash recipe will give you the rich malty beer you crave, allowing you to accept and maybe even welcome the colder weather to come. Also, it bears a resemblance to a certain beloved brown ale in the shop. You could say its a good one to take on a hike on a mountain.
Did You Know?
We have over 40 types of grains have hit the shelves – base grains, caramel/crystal, specialty – We have what you need to go from grain to glass! We can mill the grain on-site, and please, if there is any type of grain that you love to brew with and we don’t have it, let us know!
We have hops for the discerning hop-head, from US classics like the 3 C’s, El Dorado, and Mosaic, to UK hops like Fuggles, EKG, and Tettnang, to the fruity hops of NZ and AU like Green Bullet, Pacific Jade, Kohatu, and Galaxy and many more.
We also have everything to get you started with wine and cider making! From specific yeast strains to fermenting equipment and a few varieties of wine kits.
We Can Take Orders!
Our distributors carry many more wine making kits, as well as kegging supplies, bigger pots and kettles, burners, chillers, etc. than what we have in-store. Let us know what your looking for and we might have access to it.
Categorised in: Newsletter
This post was written by Zach Savastano